Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Successful Scrapbooking Class

This past weekend I taught a scrapbooking class for 11-14 year old girls. I had never taught that age group before and I was truly in awe at their creativity. I had prepared a small paper bag album kit for them to complete and it was completely designed and cut so all they had to do was assemble.








But these girls had ideas of their own! They watched what I showed them, and then they did their own thing. Some noticed the paper I had cut for them had patterns on the other side, and they chose to use that side. Some trimmed their color block down smaller, and some changed the layout of their pages altogether. It was awesome! They kept asking me if it was ok to veer from the design and I told them absolutely! I love love LOVE to see creativity and individuality in young minds at work. Truly exhilarating!


All in all, an inspiring group and a successful class!

No comments:

Post a Comment